Sunday 13 December 2015

The long road to Douglas

Dear reader

The end of a dismal two weeks of a lack of exercise due to glute and lower back issues, but at least my osteopath is £100 better off! Hope you're managing in spite of the rain, wind and darkness - my wife says it was ALWAYS sunny when she was growing up on the IoM! That's global warming for you...

Nothing at all walking related to report so I thought I'd give you a run down of my PW performances so far:
2009 - Peel
2010 - Peel
2011 - Kirk Michael
2012 - Ballaugh
2013 - Jurby, and I think I could have made it to Bride but there didn't seem much point as I wasn't going to finish - is this the WRONG attitude?

Now you're probably thinking it's got to be Andreas in 2014 and Maughold in 2015... am I right?

WRONG!

2014 - injured changing the sheet on my daughter's bed then compounded by a pulled hamstring 2 weeks later - never been the same since
2015 - Rushen - oh dear, going backwards but it did have other advantages that I will tell you about next time...

Till then, Bannaghtyn y Nollick

Alan


No comments:

Post a Comment